Monday 3 December 2012

Editing ancillary products

Adobe Photoshop:
 
 



Before I created the ancillary products in Adobe inDesign, I edited all of the photos in Adobe Photoshop; I enhanced the Brightness/Contrast by going on 'Image' and then clicking on 'Adjustments', so the colours are brighter, sharper and more vibrant. To layer the coffee stained paper underneath the photo for the magazine advert I put the photo on the top layer and then selected 'Overlay' on the drop down menu (I've highlighted this on the right hand side of the screenshot), which made the paper show through around the sides of the image, thus evoking an authentic, rustic style which follows the typical conventions of the Indie genre. I then exported the images off and transferred them on to Adobe inDesign.
 
Adobe inDesign:
Editing the magazine advert
 

This screenshot depicts me editing my magazine advert for the CD in Adobe inDesign. I had never used the programme before so the tools were all new to me, but I have learnt a lot over the last few days and I've managed to transfer the background image from Photoshop (where I layered the image of coffee stained paper under the photo) to inDesign, and I then added text. I put the image on the programme by going to 'File' then 'Place', I then went to 'Object' then 'Fitting', then I clicked 'Fit content to frame' so the photo fits the box without being stretched. To insert text I clicked on the 'Text' tool in the toolbox on the left hand side of the screen and then simply typed in the text I wanted. I chose the style of typography from a copy right free font website after doing a lot of research as I wanted the typography to reflect the genre, and then I downloaded it on to my computer. To change the colour of the text I clicked on the 'Colour' button (which is highlighted on the right), selected my colour and then clicked 'add to swatch', so I can refer back to the colour later on. To make the typography stand out I added in an outline by clicking on the 'Stroke' button on the right hand side of the screen, I then thickened the stroke and changed the colour, so it made the text easier to read.

Editing the CD digipak


To create the CD digipak I found a template on the internet with the exact dimensions of a six paneled CD digipak and then I downloaded it to Adobe inDesign. I then inserted each image into the panels by using the 'Place' tool and then clicking 'Fit content to frame' so that the images are the right size (I had to rotate the three photos at the top as they will be folded over when I print it). To insert the text I clicked on the 'Text' tool on the left hand side and then typed the text, I also used the 'stroke' tool to make the text stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment