Monday 3 December 2012

Ancillary products 2nd feedback

Professional feedback:

I have asked the head of our school's Art Department to give me feedback on both of my ancillary products. I printed out both products and gave them to Mr Childs, he said; the colour of the text needs to compliment the colours within the photograph e.g. pink to match the artist's outfit, or green/brown to match the trees, thus ensuring that the design flows and the text stands out. He also said there needs to be information on the magazine advert telling the reader what is being advertised and where they can buy the CD, so I will add in 'The U.K's best selling album, available from all good music retailers' as this information is common on CD magazine adverts which I've researched.

 Mr Child's said the layout of the text 'Against The Wind' may need to be altered so it is easier to read, which is the same for the lyrics within the CD, so I will make the colour darker. He also said that the white outline makes the text difficult to read - so I will try out a darker outline colour as I think an outline makes the text stand out more.

Artist Feedback:

Alex had positive comments on the imagery and layout for the digipak and magazine advert, she particulary liked the choice of photo for the CD front cover, as she liked the way the sunlight frames her head making her appear angelic. Alex also thought the typography was effective but she suggested that the lyric font should either be a darker colour or have a lighter colour for the outline to make the text easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment