Monday 3 December 2012

Finished CD digipak



My main alteration to the CD digipak was changing the colour of the font so that it complimented the colours which were already present within the imagery. I changed the artist's name into a green colour with a dark brown outline which highlights the colours in the trees and also makes it easier to read than the original purple colour as it's darker. I changed the colour of the album name into a pale pink colour which works nicely with her skin tone in the background image. I also changed the layout of the album name so that it's over two lines and centred in the middle, as the word 'Wind' was difficult to read due to the dark foilage in the background, now it's easier to read due to the light background.

I made the font on the back panel (with the track list) larger and thicker so it's easier to read and I also changed the colour to dark green to make it flow well with the typography on the front panel. I created a pink outline around the green font to make the text stand out and also to compliment the pink colour of the artist's skirt in the background image. I also altered the colour of the font displaying the lyrics on the inside panel to a pale pink as I wanted to link the panels of the digipak together and create continuity within the design. I made the outline a darker blue so the text stood out as it's quite small - but it has to be small otherwise I'm unable to fit the whole song on the page.

Overall I think the CD digipak is successful as I've not only gathered feedback from my target audience but also feedback from an Art teacher/designer and my artist. As Alex (my artist) and myself are both members of the target audience we both agreed that the CD digipak is appealing and we would definately want to purchase it if we saw it on display in a shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment