Thursday 30 August 2012

Chosen Singer/Songwriter Profile


My chosen artist is Alex Williams who is a 15 year old student, she enjoys playing the keyboard, guitar, and has a talent for singing. She writes her own songs and we are currently in the process of choosing a song for the music video. I chose Alex to be my artist as I admire the style of her songs; her lyrics are full of emotion and convey key events in her life, which I think would appeal to other teenage girls as they can relate to similar experiences that are depicted through Alex's lyrics. I also think there is a gap in the market for a young teenage girl who writes about the normal experiences of life.
I would like Alex to be represented as a strong and independent individual which will be illustrated through the shot types (e.g. low angle shot to evoke authority) and meaning of her lyrics. This will subvert the stereotypical representation of similar female artists such as, Taylor Swift, who are usually portrayed as self obsessed, vain and reliant on boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment