Thursday 30 August 2012

Rough Soundtrack





This is the rough soundtrack for my music video; the song is called Against The Wind written and sung by Alex Williams. Alex recorded and produced it in Garage Band, she was inspired by aspiring artists who post their songs on YouTube, such as, Madilyn Bailey. Her music style is a mixture of Mumford and Sons nostalgia, and Colbie Caillat's dreamy vocals.

Constructing the song took a surprisingly short amount of time - I thought it would be a long and draining process. Luckily Alex had a clear idea of what she wanted the track to sound like, so I let her get on with it, but I still gave her advice and told her my opinions along the way.

When we finished recording the song we asked our sisters (aged 17 and 14 years old - who are within our target audience) and Alex's friends (15 years old - also within our target audience) if they would choose to listen to this song: they all said yes. One of Alex's friends downloaded it to her iTunes and (quote) 'has been listening to it on repeat!' This proves that we have created a song that will appeal to our target audience of 14 - 19 year old girls.

I've attached her song to my 'Practice shots music video' which originally had a Mumford and Sons song as the soundtrack, coincidentally the editing actually fits really well with Alex's song as well. However the software I used to create the music video, iMovie, has cut off the end instrumental of the song, so it isn't the complete version. We will have to investigate why this has happened and hopefully sort it out as we need the full song in an MP3 format so I can sync it with the finished music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment