Friday 19 October 2012

Letter animation test shot

This is a practise video of the letter animation I want to use for a section of my music video. It features a collection of letters (which I cut out from a magazine) in a group and gradually they move and spell out different words which illustrate the lyrics of the song (But only the end words of different lines of the song, e.g. 'Different', 'Wrong', 'Listen' and 'Song'). This is one of the first times I used stop motion animation and I found it extremely interesting and quite easy to utilize the software, as I simply had to move the letters a few centimeters and take a frame by pressing the number '3' button on the keyboard as I captured 3 frames per second.



I am really pleased with the final outcome of the test shot, as it evokes a quirky and creative style which reinforces the Indie conventions of my music video. However I'm not sure about the ending of the clip as it appears as if it cuts half way through - it isn't finished properly. Ideally I should of had all of the letters fall off of the white background, but I think I'll just cut the footage so it ends when the word 'Song' is on the screen.

 I am planning to film the sunrise animation next week, so I am preparing for this by cutting out different coloured card which I will use to depict silhouetted trees and a sun rising up behind the trees. I have decided to make the sunrise out of coloured orange, red and yellow card as I thought it would be more time efficient than using paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment