Tuesday 30 October 2012

Evaluation of filming Day 2:

For the second day of filming in Cornwall we filmed on a beach (the second location) as the vast, open space could be used to portray isolation, which would reinforce the lyrics of the song. I checked the weather the night before and it was suprisingly a lovely clear sunny day which enhanced the cheerful atmosphere of the shots. We only filmed a few shots today as we had a limited amount of space left on the SD card and we had already filmed the majority of the shots on the first day of filming. We started filming at about 10:00am and we were finished by 11:30am as the shots went smoothly because I had looked at my storyboard before hand and decided on all of the shots we needed to capture.

The beach was deserted, which was good as we could experiment with different shots without getting lots of people walking in the background, however there were quite a few dogs who almost made Alex's costume very wet and sandy! I decided that we needed mostly close up shots of Alex lip syncing today as I had captured a lot of long shots yesterday, my favourite shot that we filmed today was an over the shoulder shot of Alex sitting in the sand dunes, as the sun was shining and the wind was blowing through her hair, which gave the shot depth and authenticity while also reinforcing the care free atmosphere I want to portray in the music video. If I were to improve the production stage of this project I would definately check how much space I had left on the SD card and upload the footage on to my laptop if there wasn't enough memory, luckily we had filmed all of the shots we needed when the camera alerted us that the SD card was full.

No comments:

Post a Comment