Friday 26 October 2012

Sunrise animation test shot

This is a shot of the animated sunrise I would like to use at the beginning of my music video. I created it using iStopmotion software, which is basically like taking a photograph of the image and then moving it a millimetre for every frame. I originally wanted to use paint on glass to depict the rising sun, however I decided that this would be too complex and time consuming, so instead I used black card for the silhouetted trees and coloured card for the sun. I copied the image from my own footage of a sunrise, I then drew it on to the card and then cut the shapes out, however they weren't intirely accurate, so an improvement next time would be to increase the accuracy of the animation so it's almost identical to the real footage. In my final music video I would like the sunrise animation to dissolve into the real life footage of a sunrise.



I managed to get the animation done in an hour after a few practise shots, which was a real achievement as we filmed about 10 seconds of footage, which needed a lot of planning. I am really pleased with the outcome of both my animations (the shuffling letters and sunrise) and I think they will add a unique, creative, dynamic angle to my music video. I particularly like the way the clouds and birds move around in the sky to make the story more authentic. I think this sunrise animation will successfully introduce the light hearted, cheerful, optimistic atmosphere of the music video, while also introducing the dominant theme of nature; all of which follow the typical conventions of indie/acoustic music videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment