Sunday 25 November 2012

Ancillary Products feedback

CD digipak feedback:


 I have learnt that a member of my target audience thinks the digipak would look more attractive if I took away the titles on the lyric panel ('Verse 1' 'Verse 2'). This would enable me to increase the font size of the text ( it is very small as I had to squeeze a lot on the page), thus making the text much easier to read, which would greatly improve the overall product. This is a very helpful piece of advice which I will act on by altering the text for my final product. The member of my target audience also stated that she liked the photography and typography on the CD digipak, which is encouraging and proves that the album would appeal to her if it was on the current market.

Magazine advert feedback:



This person isn't a member of my target audience (girls aged 14 - 19) however he does fit into the age group, and he is studying photography so I thought he could offer some professional advice on the design of my magazine advert. His advice was to space the text out on the advert, as there is a lot of information squeezed together at the top of the page. So he said I should keep the artist's name and the album name at the top, but position the secondary information ('The Number 1 UK Album, Featuring Another Day and This Life) at the bottom of the page. Therefore the text won't distract the reader's attention from the photograph of the artist, but it will still deliver vital information to the reader and the design won't be too crowded at the top of the page, thus making it more aesthetically pleasing for my target audience.

I will definitely follow his advice as it will dramatically improve the readability of the advert; making the design clearer for my target audience to read and understand. I am really glad I asked him as I never considered placing any text at the bottom of the advert as it isn't directly in the reader's eye line, however as long as the important information is at the top (name of artist and album) then the secondary information doesn't have to be as obvious, but still clear to read. He also commented that the font was nice and the use of the image was effective which indicates that the design is attractive and appealing. However I think the typography for both the digipak and advert needs to reflect the style of the music more e.g more feminine, quirky and creative. So I will experiment with a variety of typography such as a serif font which is more decorative and then decide which font will work successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment