Wednesday 28 November 2012

2nd mock up of the CD digipak



This is the final version of my CD digipak with all of the improvements completed from my target audience feedback. It is inspired by the front cover of Corinne Bailey Rae's album, which captures the typical conventions of the Indie genre through the outside location, quirky typography, and folk style of the artist's costume. Many Indie CD digipaks features artwork which references the natural world, therefore the main focal point of my design is the location which features as a picturesque backdrop within the photographs. The sun's rays shining through the trees evoke an optimistic, hopeful, care-free atmosphere, thus reinforcing the archetypal conventions of the Indie genre, therefore attracting the target audience. I have enhanced the colour intensity of the images on photoshop by increasing the brightness/contrast, thus emphasising the warm tones of the sun and making the digipak much more vibrant and eye catching.

The improvements I have made from the target audience feedback, is I've removed the 'Verse 1' 'Verse 2' so that I can increase the size of the text, thus making it easier to read. I have also changed the typography of the artist's name, the track list and the title of the song 'Against The Wind', as I downloaded a serif font which conveys a fluid, feminine, handwritten style that follows the conventions of an Indie album title. I also changed the typography of the album title and the lyrics, as I thought the san serif font was too plain and boring, so I found another font which was more decorative but still bold - so it contrasts with the serif/embellished style of the typography for the artist's name. I have altered the actual dimensions of the digipak to make it more realistic, I did this by researching the typical measurements of CD digipaks and then applying them to an Adobe InDesign document. Therefore I had to change the position of a few images and rotate three images so that when the digipak is printed it works successfully when its folded.

No comments:

Post a Comment